Marijuana and Magic Mushroom may be the most popularly consumed “illegal” drugs in the world. According to global trends, these two drugs are gaining acceptance in the medical field and are also used recreationally. Though only a few countries allow the legality of cannabis and magic mushroom, with this kind of trend it may not be a surprise if it can be legal everywhere. It would be also interesting to know the similarities and differences of marijuana and magic mushrooms though the two is commonly linked because of their almost similar properties.
Magic Mushrooms and Marijuana Fun Facts
- Studies showed that Magic Mushrooms and Marijuana are the two least dangerous recreational drugs. There have been very minimal reports of fatality which involves these two drugs. There is little chance of addiction with either magic mushroom or cannabis.
- Both magic mushroom and marijuana give heightened states of consciousness.
- In small doses, Magic Mushroom or Psilocybin mushrooms heightens the senses and reflexes especially the visual acuity and creativity of a person.
- Magic mushrooms contain a psychedelic component called psilocybin that predominantly or increases the amount of serotonin in the prefrontal cortex of the brain. The serotonin is the body’s “happy-making” endogenous compound. The Psilocybin is known to be a safe hallucinogenic. It can be taken in by people who don’t have medical conditions at a given amount without worrying about its negative effects.
- In small doses, psilocybin can heighten the senses and reflexes especially anything that may have to do with visual context or creativity.
- In larger doses, the senses may become hyper-connected, or a person may experience blending of senses. Like the sounds having texture or music having colors. Large doses of magic Mushrooms may result in full-blown hallucinations. This may be a fun trip but it may also cause negative effects.
- On the other hand, marijuana contains THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol. THC stimulates the production of dopamine, a neurotransmitter that transmits information between neurons. Dopamine also called the “feel fine” compound in the body.
- On the other hand, the use of marijuana or cannabis is more than just experiencing a pleasure response. It also binds what we call a cannabinoid in an area in the brain and the central nervous system which allows a person to experience a unique cannabis high.
- Though THC is Marijuana is sometimes considered as a psychedelic drug, its effects though are not as homogenous or as intense as that of the Magic Mushrooms.
- Both magic mushrooms and marijuana grow in nature and both their effects are naturally-occurring substances.
- Both magic mushrooms and marijuana are used for recreation to produce a sense of “high”.
Effects of Magic Mushroom versus the Effects of Marijuana
Tough in many ways this two may have similar effects there are also a lot of differences. Some inexperienced users may say that there are little differences but in general, you can say that you take marijuana if you want to be “high” and you take magic Mushroom if you want to go on a journey.
The effects of Marijuana
- Marijuana produces the feeling of euphoria depending on the quantity and the quality that you take. When inhaled, the THC goes to the lungs and the bloodstream and it goes to the brain.
- The THC then triggers the brain to release dopamine which what we call as the “feel good” chemical of the body. The dopamine stimulates the pleasure center of the body hiving an experience of “high”.
- Though being high on THC may cause your judgment to be impaired and difficult to form new memories. That’s the negative effect of being high on THC.
- Some users of Marijuana experiences heightened sensory perception, clarity of colors, and other senses becoming more sensitive.
- It would also affect the imparts of the brain that controls balance, reflex responses and coordination.
- In large doses, marijuana may cause anxiety in some people. This may lead to serious mental or behavioral disorder.
- People who come from cannabis high would feel tired and sometimes depressed.
- Only a small percentage of marijuana users get addicted to it.
- Health benefit of cannabis is that it helps manage glaucoma. It decreases the pressure inside the eyes.
- Marijuana helps improve the health of the lungs. A study conducted in 2012 by the Journal of the American Medical Association, Marijuana, though being smoked, does not impair lung function, instead, it increases lung capacity.
- Marijuana decreases anxiety. Cannabis users claim that it helps relieve pain, nausea, and anxiety.
- Marijuana boosts creativity. Like magic mushrooms, marijuana has positive mental effects especially in increasing a person’s creativity.
Effects of Magic Mushrooms
- The psilocybin which is the main ingredient of Magic Mushrooms can create euphoric and hallucinogenic effects. It may affect visual distortions, auditory hallucinations or even a distorted sense of time.
- Hallucinations from Magic Mushrooms are more intense than ones caused by marijuana.
- Hallucinations include visual hallucinations where colors become more saturated, graphical patterns may appear everywhere, or in some cases, some people tend to see divine images.
- Magic Mushrooms trip lasts for three (3) to eight (8) hours.
- The psilocybin can bring a person the feeling of relaxation which is similar to the effect of taking in low doses of marijuana.
- Psilocybin Mushrooms can also increase heart rate, and blood pressure.
- Psilocybin changes the way information is being channeled in the brain. While marijuana increases the production of the pleasure causing chemicals as it stimulates the pleasure center.
- Magic mushrooms effect expands one’s consciousness and self-awareness. That is the reason why magic mushrooms are also linked to meditation. For this reason, also, magic mushrooms contribute to spiritual transformation and encounters that are not present in marijuana users.
- One of the health benefits of Magic Mushroom is that it helps reduce anxiety. Studies showed that psilocybin decreases anxiety and depression in patients that are suffering from terminal cancer.
- As mentioned magic mushroom increases spirituality. Persons who take magic mushroom in the right amount claimed the psychedelic experiences that they went through is the most significant spiritual experience in their lives.
However, the similarities or differences, marijuana and magic mushroom, should be taken at the right dosage. Anything above the normal or allowed dosage may be harmful to the user. Marijuana and Magic mushrooms can induce a broad range of different emotions and experiences. Again, it should be taken in moderation.