If you are someone who has tried a psychedelic drug before, you most likely know that the experience is not something that you can describe to someone who has not got the opportunity to try one. This experience is usually misrepresented by the media and the entertainment industry, so the best advice for people is you will never know until you try. Psilocybin mushrooms also called shrooms, and LSD, also called acid, are the most common psychedelics. Many people wonder, though, what is their difference and can they be taken at the same time?
Although LSD was popularized in the mainstream culture in the 196os, psilocybin mushrooms have been traditionally used in rituals for centuries. Like all psychedelics, psilocybin mushroom is similar in how they affect human consciousness. Both give out the feelings of being visual hallucinations, oneness, and ego-elimination. But, as anyone who has consumed both LSD and psilocybin mushrooms will tell you, they have notable differences.
Quick Facts About LSD
- LSD is psychoactive in micrograms.
- LSD is the shortened name for the chemical compound lysergic acid diethylamide.
- LSD is commonly known in the streets as acid, while the doses are called tabs. Tabs come from the blotter paper in which LSD is applied.
- LSD was first synthesized in 1938, and it was first used in 1943.
- LSD was derived from ergot, a fungus that can be found on rye.
- Typical dosage of LSD is between 100 to 250 micrograms.
- The trip lasts between 8 to 12 hours.
- There is no potential for physical addiction.
- LSD is considered a Schedule 1 substance under the Controlled Substances Act.
Quick Facts About Psilocybin Mushrooms
- Shrooms have been used since 1000 BC.
- The typical dosage of psilocybin is between 10 to 40 mg, which roughly equates 1 to 4 grams of dried mushrooms.
- There are dozens of different mushroom types with psilocybin content.
- The effect of LSD can last between 6 to 8 hours.
- Here is no potential for physical addiction.
- This is available for legal purchase in the form of psilocybin truffles.
- Psilocybin has been decriminalized in some cities in the United States.
What Will Taking LDS and Psilocybin Mushrooms Look Like?
Although various personal experiences vary, most anecdotal reports illustrate an overlapping phenomenon. Keep in mind, these effects are resulting from consuming a moderate dose.
Effects of Taking LSD
- LSD is more functional within reality. You will see that it gets easier to interact with sober individuals.
- It often leads to a more extrospective experience.
- It is more likely that your mood will stay positive. Taking LSD fills users with bubbling, positive energy.
- Users report an LSD experience as smoother with less body load than psilocybin mushrooms.
- Taking LSD is very sensitive to set and setting. By controlling these variables, you are much more likely to have a great trip.
Effects of Taking Psilocybin Mushroom
- Taking shrooms leads to an ego-drop and feeling a complete unity of the self and the universe.
- Many users feel a strong connection to the universe, to nature, and the earth when they take magic mushrooms.
- The trip of the shrooms is constantly on the fence between a good and bad trip. You can see that emotions are more volatile and inconsistent.
- The come up when taking shrooms can be more intense.
- Users usually report a more introspective experience, completely losing touch with sober reality.
Experience these magical feelings as you take best-selling magic mushrooms from shroomdispensary.ca!
How Do You Take LSD and Psilocybin Mushrooms?
LSD usually comes in liquid forms or as a paper, gel, or candy with liquid LSD drops on it. Paper tabs are the most common method and they are left under the tongue to dissolve. Psilocybin mushrooms, on the other hand, are usually just eaten in their dried form, crushed into powders, or added to food and drinks.
The main difference between the two substances is that they taste differently. Pure LSD is flavorless, while shrooms taste quite earthy. Both LSD and shrooms can cause queasiness, though this can also be attributed to an empty stomach or jittery nerves.
How Long Does LSD and Psilocybin Mushrooms Take In?
LSD gives an effect of up to 12 hours while magic mushrooms have a five hour to six-hour effect. Aside from the long-lasting effects, the onset time and progression for these two substances also varies. It may not be too obvious at first, but LSD seems to kick in a bit quicker, around 30 minutes, compared to psilocybin mushrooms, whose effects usually take closer to an hour.
With taking magic mushrooms, you tend to reach a peak of about 80 minutes after ingestion, while with LSD, the effect usually happens a few hours into the experience. An LSD trip is enough to deliver multiple peaks, while mushrooms usually only last long enough for one significant peaking moment.
What Are the Visual Effects of LSD and Psilocybin Mushrooms?
In terms of visuals, psilocybin mushrooms are more likely to deliver than LSD. Hallucinations are rare to experience if you take LSD. With LSD, you will find it easier to objects or surfaces as throbbing or breathing, and seeing residual traces of moving objects. LSD has visual effects that are comparable to its cognitive effects, so things look crisp and clean, and colors look more vibrant while remaining true.
On the other hand, psilocybin mushrooms have stronger visual effects, where you see static objects moving or transforming, and sometimes entire beings or objects are imagined. Color can be heavily distorted and sometimes they blend to cohesive themes or patterns. Sometimes it feels like the whole world can be purple, sepia, or rose-colored lens.
What Happens When You Start Mixing Shrooms and Acid?
There is a possibility of taking both LSD and psilocybin mushrooms together. However, this can be challenging. Oftentimes, both substances are too overpowering and the user can lose all comprehension and control. If you want to take both, a proper dosage of both substances is the key.
If you are considering trying LSD and magic mushrooms together, it is highly advised to first get comfortable with each substance separately. A good approach when you are starting out is to lower each individual substance’s dosage by around a third, and just be prepared for an intense experience.
There are many success stories from trying both LSD and psilocybin mushrooms, where the sharpness and clarity that LSD brings can enhance the visual effects and giggly mood brought by the magic mushrooms.
So, which psychedelic should you try? LSD is easier to manage in the beginning while magic mushrooms are preferable for an intense, grounding, and visually stimulating experience. If you are looking to try either substances or mixing shrooms and acid together, be prepared, do your research, and dive in.