Magic mushrooms, also known as psilocybin mushrooms, are becoming an all-time favorite among psychedelic seekers. They are also called entheogens because of the spiritual experience and properties, and can be translated into “manifesting divinity.” If you want to learn more about finding magic mushrooms, continue reading.
Magic Mushrooms: The Beginning
There are evidence and proofs that suggest the psilocybin mushrooms have been utilized ritually by Aztecs, Mayas, and other Mesoamerican communities. A thousand years before that, more or less, it has also been used by the aboriginal Saharan tribes in Northern Africa.
According to Terrence McKenna, psilocybin may have actually been a major contributor to the development of human curiosity and creativity hundreds of thousands of years ago. In any case, humans have been connecting with their spiritual sides through a very long time now, and this tradition is still being carried to the modern age.
However, there are many laws in civilizations all over the world treat the use of these substances as illegal to the point of criminalization. If you are in a place where you have a little bit of freedom, it is a great thing to know how to find shrooms in the wild.
How to Pick Magic Mushrooms By Yourself
It may seem a little complicated, but finding magic mushrooms is not as hard as you may think. The first place where you should consider looking for them is probably the most obvious one: your own home’s backyard. Magic mushrooms are found abundantly amongst nature. If you live in the appropriate place, you can get quite lucky during their productive season.
However, you should first educate yourself and acquaint yourself with the different strains that could be made available to you locally. It is a well-known fact that mushrooms are available in a great variety of shapes, sizes, and levels of toxicity. Some strains might cause mild poisoning and other strains bring fatality threats. At times, the differences in terms of appearance can be too small to notice, but you need to make sure that what you pick will not be the end of you.
The number element that fungi thrive in is moisture. Dry air and wind can easily affect and stunt their growth. They also require a certain temperature, which is specific for each species, and fertile soil full of important nutrients. If there is an abundance of nutrients in tree bark, dung, fallen leaves, mulch or compost, you will find mushrooms sprouting on those surfaces. They do not really require being in a dark environment, but the absence of light help retain moisture in the air.
In North America, magic mushrooms can be found throughout places, especially the West Coast and around the Gulf of Mexico. Mexico and the rest of Central America are brimming with them, and so are some Southern American countries like Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, and Argentina. Some world-class mushroom strains come from Hawaii, and other locations like Australia, Philippines, India, other countries in South Africa, and the rest of southeast Asia.
What Do You Look For When Hunting Shrooms
There is no single feature based on which magic mushrooms can be distinguished from regular ones. The only way to distinguish them is to know their appearance well and get experiences in mushroom hunting. A good technique you can start with is getting familiar with the most common species of psychedelic shrooms available in the wild. Here are the top five most regular mushroom strains:
- Psilocybe cubensis and Psilocybe subcubensis – These strains are most commonly found in tropical zones throughout the world. They are the most famous strains and are more abundantly available. They look like this: classic stubby-stemmed parasol-shaped mushrooms with predominantly light to a golden brown that is bulbous when growing, but flat and wide once they mature. One familiar strain that is bought by many is called The Golden Teacher.
- Psilocybe semilanceata – This is the most widely available magic mushroom. You are likely able to find them everywhere if you live in Europe, North and South America, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. They are also known as Liberty Caps because they have dark bell-shaped tops. They have slim and wavy stems that are distinctly known, too.
- Psilocybe cyanescens – Also known as The Wavy Tops, this strain of mushrooms are quite easily recognized. They are among the most potent magic mushrooms in existence as the North American variants have 1.96% of the active compound content. They can also be found in the West Coast, Bay Area, Central, and Western Europe, New Zealand, and parts of Western Asia.
- Panaeolus or Copelandia cyanescens – Commonly called as Hawaiian Mushrooms, this strain is known for long, slim stems that have light brown to light grey mushroom caps. Moreover, if you think about the effects, they are as strong as the most famous variants. These shrooms are most commonly found in South Asia, Southeast Asia, North America, South America, Central Africa, Australia, and Western Europe.
- Psilocybe azurescens – This strain is most commonly found in the USA’s West Coast, specifically Oregon and Washington. They have the highest concentration of psilocybin amongst any magic mushrooms at 1.8% They also have 10 times more baeocystin, an important chemical analog, which places this breed to be the most potent magic mushrooms in existence. They are very beautiful with a slim stem and a convex caramel cone-shaped top.
Buy You Shrooms Stash Where They Are Legal
Another option you can go for instead of looking for them in the wild is to find legitimate magic mushroom sellers. Find somewhere close to you that supplies high-quality and safe psilocybin mushrooms. If you are in Europe, you have the options to buy from the Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, and the Czech Republic. If you are in the USA, there are many online stores available where you can have your preferred mushroom strains shipped.
Now that you have options on how to find shrooms in the wild, you can better decide how you choose to get your supply. Make sure that you stay clear of the law, stay safe throughout your searching and your psychedelic mushroom endeavors.