People adore the psychedelic effects of magic mushrooms which is why their consumption has been traced for up to thousands of years. The most common way to ingest them is eating them raw. However, people have a love-hate relationship with its unique taste and it is certainly not everyone’s go-to tasty snack. If you are planning to take a larger dose, the taste can be a problem, so you can find alternative methods.
Tea is one of the best ways to consume magic mushrooms because it is tasty, gentle on the stomach, and absorbs faster. But what is the best way to make mushroom tea? Read on to find out.
Why Should You Make Mushroom Tea
Many people have turned to magic mushroom tea because aside from escaping the bitter taste, it has the power to reduce nausea. Many people experience nausea a few minutes after taking psilocybin shrooms. It is not because of the psilocybin content; the discomfort in the stomach comes from the indigestible chitin parts of the fungi. This is why tea is the perfect means to consume magic mushrooms. They quickly extract the content that you seek while getting read of the nasty parts.
Magic Mushroom Tea Recipes
There are many types of magic mushroom tea recipes. They work equally as well whether you use dried or fresh mushrooms. Just keep in mind that psilocybin can be affected so you should always use temperatures below the boiling point.
Honey Mushroom Tea
This is the most common magic mushroom recipe out in the market.
- Cut the dose of magic mushrooms into smaller pieces. The smaller they are, the more surface area of will be exposed. This means more psilocybin will be infused into your tea much more efficiently.
- Start boiling some water.
- Allow the water to cool down after a few minutes.
- Place your magic mushrooms inside a tea infuser and pour over the hot water.
- Allow the mixture to set for 15 to 20 minutes with stirring every once in a while.
- Strain the tea into another cup.
- If you want to maximize the psilocybin content of your tea, you can repeat infusing and straining your tea.
- Add honey depending on your preference and enjoy.
Lemon Mushroom Tea
Made with fresh lemon juice, this type of mushroom tea adds some zest to your drinking experience. The acidity of the lemon juice helps convert psilocybin to psilocin which makes everything comes on stronger and faster. On the other hand, the lemon mushroom tea does not offer the length of a regular magic mushroom trip. Principally, adding lemon juice takes some work off your stomach which does the chemical conversion for you.
- Cut up your magic mushrooms into smaller pieces, as our goal is to maximize the surface area.
- Put your truffles in a cup and add some freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Allow your mushrooms to sit in the lemon juice for ten minutes while stirring from time to time.
- Boil some water.
- Once the water boiled, allow it to sit for a few minutes to make sure it has cooled down a bit.
- Pour water into your lemon mixture.
- Allow the mixture to set for 15 to 20 minutes with occasional stirring.
Ginger Orange Mushroom Tea
This recipe puts a little more spice to give a little push to the experience making for a tasty treat. The taste of ginger goes particularly well with mushrooms, and generally, it is a very healthy herb. You can use either used or dried ginger in a tea bag for this tea.
- Start cutting your magic mushrooms into little cubes or even smaller pieces to maximize its surface area.
- Place the magic mushrooms into a cup or mug.
- Prepare some distilled water then bring them to a boil.
- Add a small amount of ginger and a twist of fresh orange juice as a combination of these works to help settle any stomach discomfort and upset as well as to input a bit of acidity.
- Steep the mixture for 10 to 15 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Enjoy your drink.
Some Precautions You Should Take Note
- Remember that cooking magic mushrooms makes them less potent.
- The effects of magic mushrooms will appear 30 to 50 minutes after drinking the mushroom tea.
- Do not mix the boiled water with caffeine-infused substances.
- Never take magic mushrooms alongside other psychoactive substances.
- Do not magic mushrooms as a tea if it is the first time you are going to take magic mushrooms. The more natural you take them for the first time, the better.
- There is a major risk in misidentifying mushroom species and accidentally consuming poisonous and lethal varieties.
- Educating yourself in advance on identifying the correct species of mushroom and the potential look-alike mushrooms found within one’s local area is important.
Magic Mushrooms Dosage for Tea
If you are using Psilocybe cubensis for oral consumption, these are the usual numbers:
- Threshold: 0.25 grams
- Light: 0.25 grams to 1.5 grams
- Moderate: 1.5 grams to 3 grams
- Strong: 3 grams to 5 grams
- Heavy: Above 5 grams
Always start with lower dosages because there are differences between individual body weights, tolerance, metabolism, and personal sensitivity.
Our Final Notes
It is highly recommended that the user consume the entire bowl for a strong trip. Sipping the mushroom tea slower will have different effects than consuming the tea quickly. Basically, sipping them quickly will lead to a strong trip that quickly fades, while consuming the tea slowly over time will bring a trippy build-up.
You can opt for reheating the mushroom tea every once in a while. 20 seconds will be more than enough to warm your stomach. Another option would be taking your tea cold. You can add three to four ice cubes in your cup or mug and consuming your tea before the ice melts.
The best way to make mushroom tea will be dependent on your own preferences. If you don’t what you want yet, you can make the play around with the recipes until you find the one that you like best.